Tuesday, February 15, 2011

MY ANTICIPATED SEQUELS AND PREQUELS FOR 2011

As of writing, around 27 movies for 2011 are either sequels, prequels or spin-offs from moive series and franchises. This early I'll list down my ten anticipated movies for the year.


1. Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides
- This is the 4th of the Pirates movie and I am such a fan of the series - mainly because of Johnny Depp's great acting and comedic timing. It is also quite interesting to see how the series would shape up without Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley. But this series gets one new hottie - Penelope Cruz. I would definitely see this one.


2. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (Part 2)
- HP8 is officially the last of the Harry Potter films. While HP7 really left me hanging, I know this would be an epic film. It's so sad however to see Harry and the rest of the gang say bye bye. But nevertheless, I know this film franchise would be ending on a very high note. Expect more action, drama and effects this 2011.


3. Scream 4
- While it tooks years before this fourth film gets in cinemas, I know it is worth the wait. Master of Horror, Wes Craven takes us back to the Scream fest we once enjoyed. Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox and David Arquette would be back with some younger and fresh faces - Hayden Panettiere and Emma Roberts to name a few.


4. Transformers: Dark of The Moon
- The 2nd Transformers somehow disappointed me and I hope they rebound and give us a good one this time around. Although Megan Fox is officially out of the movie franchise, Shia Lebouf and the robots are still very much back. The teaser trailers however are not what I expect. Hope they are cooking something grand.


5. Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
- Edward, Bella and Jacob are back and this is just Part 1 of the last book of the Twilight series. I am hoping for more action and more drama. Though I still root for Jacob. Sorry Edward fanatics, I just don't dig pale people. =).


6. X-Men: First Class
- I am curious on how this reboot would do in terms of story and box-office. Though this early, I have a lot of questions on casting like where are the original ones like Cyclops, Jean Grey and Iceman, why Angel is a lady and so much more. I'd still liek to give this film a chance.


7. Happy Feet 2
- Happy Feet was such a nice film and to get back the penguins one more time is something I would watch out for. This is actually the only animated feature that is in my top 10 although other cartoons are bound for a 2011 release (Cars 2, Kung Fu Panda 2, Puss In Boots). The song and dance numbers in the first film is something I'd love to see once more.


8. Fast Five
- Fast and The Furious Part 5 and they are back again. More action, new cars and some new cast members which include "The Rock". Let's see how this would fare. Remember that the last F&F was not much of a hit and the last "The Rock" film "Faster" was a dud.


9. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
- Ethan Hunt played by Tom Cruise is back and I am eager to see this one. It has been years since the last MI and ever since that Tom has not been a box-office draw.


10. Sherlock Holmes 2
- Witty and funny are two words I'd describe the first Sherlock Holmes. If that is something to base this second film on, then I expect to enjoy this one. Robert Downey Jr. would be tested if he can start another successful franchise after Iron Man.

Credits: Yahoo movies

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...