Wednesday, September 21, 2011

SHAMCEY WINS 3RD RUNNER-UP AT MISS UNIVERSE


Our very own Shamcey Supsup made the whole nation proud by winning 3rd runner-up in the recently concluded Miss Universe 2011 at Sao Paolo, Brazil. Never mind if we felt that she was robbed of the crown and that some of the finalists were not really stand-outs. Miss Angola is bright and beautiful as well and equally deserves the crown.


But let us focus more on Shamcey. During the pre-pageant, she started on a relatively average note with her answers on the pre-pageant questions. But her"tsunami walk" in the presentation show for evening gown really wowed the judges, the critics and the viewers who were all amazed by her swan-like confident walk that made her stand out above the rest. She also displayed same level of femininity in her swimwear walk.


That was her key to the Top 15 and even to the Top 10. She consistently ranked on the Top 2 favorites on the pageant night's fan voting for both the Evening Gown and the Swimwear. And on the Top 5, she was just amazing as she answered a very delicate question in the best possible way she can. I applaud her for her strong belief in GOD and she has made sure that was she said are actually heartfelt and real.



Vivica Fox was the judge chosen to ask her the final question: “Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love? Why or why not?”  Shamcey answers: “If I would have to change my religious belief, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person that I love is God who created me.” “I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. If the person loves me, he’ll love my God too,” she added.

Congratulations once more Shamcey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...