1. Maroon 5 (Last Year: 7)Adam Levine and company released their newest album in 2011 and although it did peak only at No.2 in the billboard charts, it's song "Moves Like Jagger" with Christina Aguilera ruled the singles charts for weeks. It was a successful venture for Adam into TV as he jumps as a judge of the reality singing contest "The Voice".
2. Linkin Park (Last Year: 6)Linkin Park release a new album in 2011 and though some fans were disappointed with their new sound, I still enjoyed their set. Also making waves in the music scene was their rendition of "Rolling In The Deep" of Adele which further showed the vocal range of Chester.
3. LMFAO (New Entry)"Party Rock anthem" was one of the hottest dance crazes in 2011 and thanks to the dynamic duo of LMFAO. Their video to the song was also one of the funniest and most enjoyable treats in music channels. Now everybody's shuffling.
4. Foster The People (New Entry)One tune has constantly played in my ipod in 2011 and that is "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People. The song which has a feel-good vibe to it is one that is really catchy and makes you feel happy.
5. Coldplay (New Entry)Coldplay has been in the music industry for quite some time now and they still never fail to impress. I lvoed "Every Teardrop is A Waterfall" and so is "Paradise". The video for "Teardrop" is also something to note.
6. Evanescence (New Entry)Amy Lee and the gang is back to bring more rockin's songs to you. They released their new album although was welcomed with mixed reactions from critics and fans. Their carrier single "What You Want" has a new rock vibe into it and is a clear indication that they're here to stay.
7. Boyce Avenue (New Entry)Boyce Avenue continued their romp in the itunes arena as they keep playing wonderful covers and mash-ups much to the delight of their adoring fans. They have released several original compositions as well and have been warmly accepted by fans worldwide.
8. The Script (Last Year: 8)"Break Even" and "Science and Faith" continued their tradition of hits in 2011. And they did tour around the world and was instant hits in every place they went.
9. The Black Eyed Peas (Last Year: 1)The Black Eyed Peas have decided to take a break in the music for a while and pursue their individual music careers but before doing so they still pumped our earwaves in 2011 with hits "Don't Stop The Party" and "Just Can't Get Enough".
10. Lady Antebellum (Last Year: 4)"Need You Now" still occupied much airtime in 2011 but after that the guys have not been heard by much except for "Out Of Goodbyes" with Maroon 5 which was also a certified ear candy.