1. Maria Sharapova (Last Year: 2)Masha had what others call a steady comeback in 2011 where she cracked the Top 5 yet again after some time. What makes it extra special is that it's after her shoulder rehabilitation showing that she can still mix it up with the best. Her best result was a finals appearence in Wimbledon where she was unfortunately stunned by Petra Kvitova.
2. Caroline Wozniacki (Last Year: 10)For sure you are tired of hearing that same old saying "Number 1 without a Slam" but you should not blame it on her. She was just consistent in all events she played just missing out chances in the Slams. The Dane still held still to the No. 1 spot for a second year running.
3. Li Na (New Entry)If you're the highest ranking Asian in the world, then definitely you'll be famous. Moreso as Na is from China. Her breakthrough win was at 2011 French Open where she successfully hoisted the trophy - a first for her and for her country.
4. Amanda Beard (New Entry)The highest entry in the top 10 that does not belong to tennis is Amanda Beard. This great swimmer has already 21 Olympic medals to her belt and that makes her awesome. But she did tickled more interest when she posed for Playboy magazine.
5. Hope Solo (New Entry)Soccer in the USA got a major boost with the performance of their women's team in 2011. The brightest and most famous of them all is Hope Solo who is their goalkeeper. Strong, fast and determined. And did we forget to say gorgeous as well?
6. Michelle Wie (Last Year: 4)The results have still been scarce for Michelle in the golf course but endorsements, ads and other stuff just keeps her busy. You may want to think that she earns more from these than just from playing golf.
7. Serena Williams (Last Year: 1)2011 has been an up and down year for Serena as she made seesaw battles in the rankings. Despite all that and some injury scares, she remained in the news and hopes for a better 2012.
8. Natalie Gulbis (New Entry)For me, Natalie is the hottest golfer in the planet but you may argue on that. With Women's golf lacking some real consistency and great No.1 to follow, I put my bet on Natalie to keep women's golf in the maps of sports and TV.
9. Petra Kvitova (New Entry)This hard-hitting Czech is truly a gift to the tennis world. After demolishing Sharapova in Wimbledon to capture her initial Slam, she rose to No.2 in the rankings and just seems poised to slug it out for No.1.
10. Danica Patrick (Last Year: 5)NASCAR is never complete without its lady star Danica. And though results have been not so good for her in the tracks, she keeps herself busy with lots of interviews, shoots and advertisements keeping the interest for NASCAR alive.