Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2010 IN REVIEW: TOP 10 FOREIGN GROUPS

While solo acts were particularly strong in 2010, some of the best groups also thrived in the industry for the past year. Here are my top 10 picks on who made my ipod listening worth it.

1. Black Eyed Peas
- 2009 and for the most part of 2010, the Black Eyed Peas continued their chart dominance. Their beats have been constantly playing the radio. Despite the low earnings of their recent album, I still love their debut single off that album "The Time". Plus all the 4 member have busied themselves with individual works as well. Still BEP is a force to be reckoned with.

2. Owl City
- "Fireflies" blew me away. There was a time when I play that song for something that seems forever. What I love about them is the coolness and relaxing waves coming from their voice. Their songs are really soothing to the ear. Plus they did more songs in 2010 including the theme to the movie "Legends of the Guardian: The Owls of Ga'Hoole".

3. Green Day
- I simply love Green Day! No questions asked and I even  loved them more with their hit single "21 Guns". It goes to show that they are really not just an ordinary band. Truly a group with sense and talent combined. More of them in 2011.

4. Lady Antebellum
- Having one super successful single only in 2010 did not stop me from liking this country group. For quite a time in the past year, "Need You Now" was my anthem. Hope to hear more of them in this year.

5. Paramore
- Hayley sure can rock and so is her band Paramore. The group gained global recognition with "Decode" years back but stayed on as they release one great song after the other. For 2010, i find their song "Brick by Boring Brick" truly exceptional.

6. Linkin Park
- Their new sound was panned by fans in 2010 but for me it was a breath of fresh air. I love the new album and so are its first two releases. But I love "Waiting For The End" better. Linkin Park can still pack some punch and it showed in 2010.

7. Maroon 5
- Adam Levine and the guys are back. Not as strong as compared with their previous outings, Maroon 5 still showed the people that they are definitely not one-hit wonders. With 2 hits under their belt for 2010 - "Misery" and "Give A Little More", they remain to be one of my favorite groups of all time.

8. The Script
- I have been hearing their songs since 2009 but it seems their singles were just officially released in the US in 2010. The Script reminds me of Lifehouse in their earlier years. Their best song for me remains to be "The Man Who Can't Be Moved."

9. Train
- "Hey, Soul Sister" was a huge hit in 2010 and one of my well loved 2010 songs. Train has been in the biz for quite some time already but last year was their breakout year. Hope to hear more of their sound in '11.

10. One Republic
- A relatively quiet last part of 2010 for One Republic but I still have "Secrets" running through my ears. The song is one of the songs in the movie "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" which stars Nicolas Cage.

Credits: Yahoo Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...