I might seem biased but most of the ladies on y list came from tennis, a sport I love to watch and also have tried playing. 2010 truly belong to them as the rest of the ladies from other sports did not really make much of an impact. Here's my top 10.
- I don't mind the Serena haters. What I know is that when she palys and when she's healthy, she can beat the rest of the pack. Winning the AO and Wimbledon in 2010, she could not keep much of her ranking points as she failed to play in the US Open. But still for me she is tennis' top female.
- Gorgeous. I simply love MaSha. Never mind her shrieks on the court, she still plays nice tennis. Slowly climbing back the rankings after injuries, she also graced several magazines and newspapers with her endorsements and her relationship with NBA star Sasha Vujacic.
- You will be sorely missed. My personal opinion is that she is the best player never have to won a Slam. After an uninspiring campaign in 2010, she called it quits and the tennis world surely misses one of the best sportswomen in the game.
- The first non-tennis star in the list is ace golfer Michelle Wie. Long touted as one of the brighter prospects of golf, she somehow failed to live by the expectations. But in 2010, she has once again shown her great form and won one title in Canada silencing her critics for now.
- The world of racing is an often masculine heavy sport but with Danica Patrick in NASCAR, it has somehow added a different dimension. Not as competitive as the other drivers are, she still never fails to spring surprises in some occassions.
- Russian gymnast Mustafina has really made a big impact in 2010. Winning golds at the World Championship (Team and All-Around), she has stamped her class after suffering an injury early on in 2010.
- Immense pressure for the Korean as she entered the Olympics. Anything less than gold is considered a failure for her. After all, she is the 2009 World Champion , the 2009 Four Continents champion and 2006 World Junior champ to name a few of her achievements. And she delivered winning and adding an Olympic Gold to her already crowded shelf of trophies.
- Serbia's Ivanovic groped for form in the most part of 2010 but she managed to end the year on a high note, winning matches and tournaments along the way. But aside from that, she's on the list because I simply like her. For me, she's the prettiest face there is.
- Champion Alpine Skiier won the downhill gold in 2010 Olympics.
- She is full of smiles and I don't mind if she is being criticized for reaching the number 1 ranking without winning any Slam. She's great and she's still young. I know she would win some one of these days. Kim Clijsters was like that as well sometime in her career, right?
Credits: Yahoo Images, Facebook