TV viewing in the Philippines is also filled with a vast array of genres from reality show, teleseryes, comedies, talent searches and a whole lot more. Here are the shows that caught my attention in the year 2010.
- Angel Locsin and John Lloyd Cruz are two good reasons why I watch this series. But aside from that, I like the drama, intensity and darkness of this series. The conflict and the love angles really make on want to follow their story every night. Aside from the 2 main leads, I also loved watching Maricar Reyes who continue to amaze me and Rocky Salumbides who unfortunately was killed already in the show. Truly a masterpiece of a creation.
- Kudos to ABS-CBN for combining a bizaare mix of hosts and mainstays in one talent search. At the start I would have not guessed that the combination of Vhong Navarro, Anne Curtis, Dyugs and Teddy, Kim Atienza and Vice Ganda will really tickle my funny bones. I love the format of the show and it is a joy to watch how close the 6 are. Memorable judges for 2010 include Gladys Reyes, Jhong Hilario and Andrew E to name a few.
- Combine 2 great comedians into one show and you have a riot. Allan K and Eugene Domingo has braved through the difficulty of a late night viewing but still gained legions of fans. This TV show lets us peek into the happenings on a real comedy bar. Funny, witty and outrageously hilarious.
- I have long admired Regine Velasquez' acting abilities even from her much applauded Maalaala Mo Kaya episode years back. And with her occassional guestings on some comedy shows, she has already shown that she can make us laugh as well. Diva was a complete mix of that element and Regine has definitely passed the grade. The musical thing on TV was also a hit as viewers sang along.
- I loved this teleserye. I just don't know why I love it so much. With a stellar cast to boot (Kris Aquino, Albert Martinez, Gabby Concepcion, Kim Chiu, Gerald Anderson, Coco Martin, Gina Pareno, Maricar Reyes and Jaclyn Jose to name a few) and a good storyline at hand, this was destined to be a hit. All performances were commendable that I could not single out one great one over the other.
- It was sure a gamble to have a modern retelling of such a love teleserye in Philippine TV but ABS-CBN braved through it and made a gem in the making. The 2 new leads may not have the same glitter as with Judy Ann Santos and Gladys Reyes but they sure can bring their "A" game to the table. Notable performances by Jhong Hilario who I see as devil personified and Kiray who seems a natural at being nasty.
- Braving the years and numerous competitions, Eat Bulaga remained one of the most loved TV shows in the land. Tito, Vic and Joey has something that really makes people wanna watch them. The entire cast is not seen just doing a show but being a family. Fun and happy moments are surely household terms in Eat Bulaga.
- I find TV 5's Talentadong Pinoy really a crowd pleaser. It is like the talent show of literally all talents from singing, dancing, acrobatics and even frie eating. This show truly brings out the best in every Filipino showing how we are so talented.
- Michael V and Ogie Alcasidhas become household names already every Friday night. The two together with a cast of hilarious other stars have long made us laugh every Fridays and they don't have signs of slowing down. Well, I don't want them too. Genius in the fields of comedy, I'm willing to watch them as long as they are on the TV screens.
- Feisty! One word to describe this TV show. The first fashion-serye in the Philippines truly rocked the primetime viewing of a lot of people. Gretchen, Angel and Bea's hot battles will remained etched in our minds. And who could not remember the frequent cameos of the whos-who in the fashion biz and the wonderful clothes designs. A winner!
Photo credits: Facebook, ABS-CBN, GMA, TV5, Yahoo