I love watching movies. I enjoy pretty much every genre and try to discover every single movie. In 2010, there were a lot of great films. Some wowed me with the storylines, some the effects, some just because I simply love the stars. Here is my list of Best 2010 foreign films.
- It is really difficult to let go of something that is really special. This is the premise of Toy Story 3 and for sure I wfound difficulty in letting go of this wonderful animated film. Truly one of the best animated films of all time and for me the best Toy Story ever (although I love all of them). Toy Story brought me back to those wondeful childhood days and it really made me smile. The movie is packed with fun and at the same time filled with emotions. Truly a masterpiece.
- Geniusly written and intellectually stimulating. And the movie just came in the height of Facebook's success making the timing simply impeccable. What I loved the most is the lines uttered by each of the characters. I enjoyed how Mark Zuckerberg's character just blabbers terms in the fastest pace ever that one would somehow be lost. Great story, great acting, very well direction. Result: Brilliant movie
- Inception was a class act. It has a carefully concocted formula of great direction, superb story and wonderful cast. It amazed me and at times boggled me. Truly it is not the normal suspense or action movie you can have. It has depth and that's what is enjoyable. Plus Leo (Dicaprio) again amazed me as if he's just getting better than ever.
- One of the most memorable movies of Julia Roberts, if not the best. The movie is a marvel to watch. Take alone the picturesque locations of Bali and India and wow, that is just nice. This is a movie of self-discovery, something I can really relate to. It has all the stuff in it - comedy, drama, love story and of course Julia Roberts.
- It is usually a gamble to make a villain type character the main lead for a film but Despicable Me triumphed on that note. Added to that, the movie simply reminded us that despite the evilness of one person, there sure is a chunk of kindness in his heart. Hilarious at most times but in the end truly heartwarming.
- Not as commercially succesful as it was expected, I still enjoyed this movie. I was dazzled by the wonderful effects that surely left me in awe. The story is the basic hero plot but what I loved about this film is how they stress on the value of dreams. Children usually dream and at most points their dreams are really the truth. I want to fly with the owls and experience the beauty of dreams once again.
- Johnny Depp showed yet again how talented he is. Even though he did not get a lot of screen time, he still proved exceptional. The movie's main draw is its visuals and certainly it did not fail. The comedic timing of the film is exceptional and one could notice the witty line thrown from time to time.
- When the best of the action world gets together in one movie, you should not miss them. And yes, this one was a succes when it combined the likes of Stallone, Statham, Li and Willis on the fray. This is machismo to the highest level. For action fans, this is the best film for me in 2010.
- Harry Potter succeeded in one thing. It left the viewers and me included wanting for more. Certainly, HP 7 is not the best of the franchise but it was a great build up to what they promise as the best ending for 2011's Part 2. Plus any HP film seems to interest me. It is a marvel to watch Daniel, Emma and Rupert grow through the years. Splendid.
- Cheesy at times but that is what I loved about this film. In a year where the love stories shown were good but not exceptional, I turned my heads to Edward-Bella-Jacob love triangle. It certainly became much more intense. And for note, this film also packed the biggest action so far.
Credits: Yahoo, Facebook, Google