Gay Philippines has steadily grown through the years and in here I'll feature the Top 5 gay discos, comedy bars and clubs then and now in the metro.
- Since 2003, BED has been consistent in grabbing the young members of the pink society. Up to now, BED remains to be one of the best hangout places for gays. Not to mention that even the girls and some straight guys now go this club. Dance all your heart out all evening and prepare to be drunk with their set of carefully concocted drinks. One might prepare himself to get intimate as well as the night grows old. Young, hip, fun and sexy - few words to describe BED.
- Since its closure over a year ago, people still clamor the return of this club. Thought to be the place for elite pinks during its glory days, Government remains in the hearts of its solid children. Party all night as they frequently have concept nights that features the newest sounds in the clubbing scene.
- Quezon City's top hangout place is P2. At the start of the evening, it serves as a comdey bar to the young and upcoming stand-ups in the country. After the whole set of the performers and some audience participation as well, Palawan 2 turns into a dance floor that lasts till the wee hours of the morning. A bit crowded during weekends but a famous hangout for most people.
- relatively new in the biz, Clarke Quay has been drawing praises from its guests. The good mixture of comedy shows and other special shows has been a hit to its patrons. Plus the choice of setting up in Pasig is a plus as it moves away to the often crowded scene in Malate and QC. Guests are predominantly gays but sightings of girls and straights are also usual.
5. O Bar
- Malate has been home to the most gay-friendly bars and establishments. O Bar is one of the better ones. Though a bit small in size, it remains to be one to be visited specially if you don't want much of the noise from the neighboring BED.